Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Past and the Future

Hello interweb! For all of those who have read the posts I made years ago and want a repeat of those, I'm sorry but you will be disappointed.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I used to blog not exactly a "hate" blog, but I would mention and slightly poke fun at current events, specifically current celebrity events. I did this in a very Chelsea Handler and Seth Meyers fashion, I believe, and this was even before I had ever watched Weekend Update and saw just how similar my words were to theirs.

As I write this I am contemplating deleting those old posts. I have various reasons for and against this, and it's the same reason I never deleted my Harry Potter fan fiction, which I only got into the first few chapters of before never going back to that site.

I want to delete them because I don't like my past writing style, and I want to send this blog in a new direction; a better direction. However, like my HP fan fiction and anything else I have ever written, I never delete or erase anything I have ever written. It could be useful in the future, I don't know.

I am thinking of making this a place to write reviews, and the reason for this is that I love writing and thinking of reviews. I used to be the A&E Editor of a community college newspaper, and writing reviews of plays and events was a lot of fun, so I may start doing that here. I may also mention news of current events and make humorous remarks on them.

Now, because of that last sentence, I am back to not wanting to delete anything. Ever. I am a cyber hoarder.

Everyone needs to move on in a new direction eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment